The Nebraska Academy of Family Physicians Foundation exists to raise and allocate philanthropic resources to advance family medicine initiatives in Nebraska.
The Family Health Foundation of Nebraska was established in 1987 as the philanthropic arm of the Nebraska Academy of Family Physicians. In 1993, the name was changed to the Nebraska Academy of Family Physicians Foundation. The Foundation is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization and is able to receive tax deductible contributions.
The NAFP Foundation, supports educational and scientific initiatives of family medicine to improve the health of all Nebraskans. Through the generous contributions of members, corporate sponsors and friends, the Foundation is able to raise and distribute funds to help it fulfill its purposes:
- Establish and administer programs of continuing medical education for physicians in the medical specialty of family practice.
- To support activities which encourage medical students to pursue family practice as their intended specialty in sufficient numbers to meet the family practice needs in the state of Nebraska.
- To support activities which enchance the educational preparation and training of prospective family physicians at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- To support research activities in family practice.
- To provide educational programs promoting beneficial health practices for our patients and their families.